facials

facials

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Good for business: Home Basics Magazine

Below is an article for Home Basics Magazine. They interviewed me over the phone from my salon in Chicago for their Fall 2005 edition. They most likely found me from my first book, Timeless Skin. Even though you probably haven’t published a book, you can still contact magazine editors and newspaper people to notify them that you are in the skin care field and that you have something to say. (Be sure you are prepared with something to say!)

I don’t think this magazine is in circulation any longer, but it doesn’t really matter. Having your name in print positions you as an expert in your field. You can have the article professionally framed and hanging in your salon. I have several framed pieces in my facial room; one is from a Singapore publication, something no one would ever have known about due to its location, but now everyone sees it because it’s hanging on my wall.
Click on the photo to enlarge and read.
If you come across a magazine, newspaper, or periodical and think your business would be a good fit for this particular publication, contact the editor and work your way into print! Having a finished, written piece before you are in contact is a good idea. They may be interested and want something then and there or within a short time frame. Always be prepared is my best advice to you.