facials

facials

Monday, March 2, 2015

“Thank yous” and other notecards

Writing notes to your clients is an important relationship building tool and a good habit to get into. It helps to build a personal rapport with your clients, which will benefit your business now and down the line. Since computer emails are more commonplace these days, handwritten notes are somewhat of a lost art. I personally love receiving real mail from people I know, and Im sure your clients (especially the older ones) feel the same way.

When filling out my client chart I always ask for the clients mailing address. Ill need this to 1) send them a thank you for coming in and 2) for a birthday discount or some other non-soliciting type of mail I may send them during the course our relationship.
Chicago notecard front
I try to write the note right after the client leaves, as I’m cleaning up the room. I schedule my appointments far enough apart so I can accomplish things in between facials, and writing thank you notes is a good use of that extra time. Ill typically pop it in the mail on my way home from the days work. I do this immediately because the new client will receive the handwritten card days after their treatment while they still have the after-glow of a fabulous facial. It helps to reinforce your good work. 

I had both of these notecards printed at the same time. Once the printer has the ink on the press, everything you print is less expensive then than if you printed them individually. Theyre basically the opposites of each other: All purple with my CA logo in white, and an all white notecard with purple text. 
Front of folded notecard
I didnt have anything printed on the back of these folded notecards but you certainly can. With some past notecards I had my email and web address along with my physical address printed on the back. If you know youll be keeping your business in the same location, do this. If you move around, Id only put things on the back that arent going to change over time.
Front of alternate folded notecard

Sometimes I like to vary what I send. These are notecards I purchased at Target. They are colorful and fun and although they don’t have my logo on the front, I always include a business card with every notecard.

I don’t say a lot in the note; I just want to let the client know I appreciate their business and to create another opportunity to give the client a business card. My notes usually say something like this:

Dear [client’s first name],
It was nice to meet you and give you a facial. I hope your skin is feeling and looking great!
If you have any questions about the samples I gave you or your skin in general, please contact me.
Best Wishes, Carolyn.

Simple postcard/notecard from Vistaprint
You certainly can purchase all-occasion notecards or thank you notes at many stores that carry them. The point is to have something to send your clients for whatever reason. For a specific discount postcard, see “Happy Birthday discounts (link below). Although I have postcards printed out for those types of special occasions, you could certainly handwrite a discount in a simple notecard.

If you have an artistic side, you can make your own notecards. I took a large piece of watercolor paper and went to town with colors. After it dried, I cut the large page into smaller pieces and glued them onto blank notecards (with envelopes) that I purchased at Office Depot.

No matter if you have company note cards printed or purchase generic cards at a store, dont overlook having notecards for your business. For more information, see: