facials

facials

Wednesday, December 9, 2015

The Trolley—Part 2

This photo is from my Chicago salon. As you can see, I have drawers and cabinets under the sink and countertop. This is actually one of the only salons where I had either of those things: drawers and a countertop along with a sink. As you will see, in my current Boulder salon (as well as other spaces where I've had my office) I use a 2nd trolley in lieu of drawers. This system works just fine in the space I am in.

The trolley pictured to the left was purchased at The Container Store. This particular trolley is a bit more expensive than others available, but it serves my purposes perfectly and is more aesthetically pleasing (to me) than the salon-type varieties. I use this for towels, headbands, and extra product supplies. The trolley this article is concerned with is the one you'll use as your working trolley with all of the products you'll need for the facial. In other salons this second trolley was not needed because I had drawers under the counter where I could store these other types of supplies.

In case youre wondering, Ill go over what I have in each drawer.
Top drawer:

  • This is where I keep my clipboard with blank Client Information Charts as well as the charts I have pulled of the clients coming in that day/week.
  • I also keep various pens (for chart writing), pencils, lip balm (for me) and other incidentals.

2nd drawer:
  • Here is have all headbands for easy access once Im sitting down to give the facial
3rd and 4th drawers:
  • I keep all of my extra, unopened professional (big) sizes of the products I use. When it comes time to order products, I can look in this drawer and know if I have backup product to the opened products I keep on the other trolley


Bottom, large drawer:
  • I keep towels here and socks for the clients use
You will find a rhythm and rhyme to how you keep your supplies and where you keep them. I am showing you how I have my products and supplies situated for examples sake. How you choose to set up your room will be your own choice.

Here are some photos of a two other offices spaces where my trolleys were set up:

 











For more information, see: