facials

facials

Friday, May 15, 2015

Website ideas: My Cancellation Policy

This is the cancellation policy on my (older version) website. I will go into detail about why I have each item listed so you can better understand their importance to me and for my clients to read so they know how I run my business. I will let a first-time client know about this policy during our initial phone conversation to set up her facial appointment. If you dont explain your cancellation policy, you really cant enforce it.

SALON

Cancellation Policy

  • If you are a first-time client, a credit card number is required to secure your appointment
  • If unable to keep your appointment, kindly give at least 24 hours notice. Otherwise we reserve the right to charge for time reserved
  • ALL appointments are confirmed the day before. If you no-show any appointment, you will be charged full appointment fee
  • If you are sick or feel like you’re getting sick, please call me to reschedule your appointment
With all that said: I look forward to meeting you!

If you are a first-time client, a credit card number is required to secure your appointment. I do this for two reasons. The first is obvious: I don’t know this person and I don’t know if they are actually going to come to their appointment. At the beginning of my career, and after a few years of having new clients cancel at the last minute or just not show up for their first appointment with me, I decided to put this policy in place. I let the client know I will charge their card full appointment fee if they no-show this (or any) appointment. And without 24-hours notice of cancellation, I also will charge them. In actuality, charging on less than 24-hours notice depends on the circumstances, and I make an executive decision at the time of the cancellation.

Reason two? By taking a credit card number and letting the client know they will be charged if they dont come to their appointment and/or give a reasonable amount of notice if they need to cancel, it cements in their mind that I take my business seriously. And I am asking them to do the same. 

On occasion, for whatever reason, I dont get the CC number on a first-time client booking. I will say, however, on the rare occasion this client doesnt show up for her confirmed facial appointment, I feel like kicking myself for not implementing this simple-to-enact policy. If youre running a busy salon (even if its just you), I highly recommend implementing and enforcing some sort of cancellation policy.

If unable to keep your appointment, kindly give at least 24 hours notice. Otherwise we reserve the right to charge for time reserved. Not only is this up on the website, at the time I’m booking the facial on the phone with the client, I ask them to give me at least 24-hours notice of cancelling.

If you are sick or feel like you’re getting sick, please call me to reschedule your appointment. This is so important to me, I highlighted it! I can’t count how many clients have come in for their facials while running a fever or worse—outright sick. I will never understand this. Perhaps they think it will make them feel better to lie down and have someone rub their face. For me it is disrespectful to me as a person, not just as an aesthetician working mere inches away from their infirmed face. And likewise, don’t you go to work sick. Facials are given within a very intimate space and germs are easily spread no matter who is sick. Stay home, rest, and be well—and the same goes for clients!

Last but not least: With all that said: I look forward to meeting you! And I sincerely mean that. After all the ins and outs of policies, I truly do look forward to meeting new clients!

Also see: