facials

facials

Monday, April 6, 2015

Forms of taking payment

I highly recommend setting up your business to take credit cards. I estimate 90% of my clients use them, although a few people prefer to write checks. Its true that a portion of your sales will go to a merchant services company, but it is a small payment and worth every penny for the convenience it gives your clients.

I have never understood why a high-dollar business, like a facial salon, won't take credit cards. Usually the fee that is involved is the main reason. As a business owner, I want to make giving me money as easy as possible for any and all clients! I have even taken an I.O.U. if someone forgot their checkbook or cant find their credit card. I know theyre good for it; I know where to find them!

Seriously, you want to make payment easy and convenient. Just think if you lose a client who may have come monthly or even just quarterly but wont because you dont take credit cards. That is a lot of revenue lost—more than the annual cost of taking the credit card in the first place. So really, you cant afford not to take credit cards.

Personally, I dont think you can afford not to.