facials

facials

Friday, April 10, 2015

Put your accomplishments up on the wall

If you have any published materials concerning your business, hang them up! Putting magazine articles mentioning your great service or an expose in a newspaper, no matter the context, give your clients an opportunity to read up on you.

Putting framed pieces in your client dressing room (if you have one) or within view wherever they are getting changed before and after the facial, is like free advertising and cements the good feelings your clients feel after a great facial.
NY Times Beauty 9-1-1 article
This was a wonderful article in the New York Times. It hangs above a small table I have for my clients to put their purse, earrings, wallet, phone, et al. I know people read it because they mention things that are said in that paragraph about my business. When this came out, by the way, I got a lot of business from it.

Singapore magazine spread
This was a small magazine in Singapore. They contacted me wanting to reprint a section from my book, Timeless Skin. They did a wonderful job with photography and the article in general. Like the NY Times piece above, I had this matted and framed. It hangs near my facial bed so when the client is waiting for me to come in or after their facial, they can glance over and see the piece.


This is my old Chicago salon after the new owner took over. She put her framed press materials on the wall of this long hallway that leads to the bathroom. This is a perfect place for these pieces.
No matter where you decide to put your press pieces, do have them professionally matted and framed. Dont loose an opportunity to impress your clients; not only with what the press is saying, but also by how you display these items.

Dont have any press pieces? See: 
Another office space displaying the two pieces